Program Standards and Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Execute classical ballet, jazz, and modern dance technique at a basic level in choreographed solo and ensemble presentations.
- Sing at a basic level using breathing, dynamics and accuracy of pitch in both solo and chorus presentations.
- Execute dramatic works that connect emotionally with audience, both individually and within an ensemble presentation, at a basic level.
- Present self professionally at auditions and through resumes, biographical backgrounds, and photographs to advance artistic and career opportunities.
- Develop and apply self-knowledge and reflective practice to make informed artistic and personal choices.
A look at your Program
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic achievement, including the
required courses, and any other selection criteria outlined below.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent**
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Audition – Auditions will be held in spring and fall. For more information on auditions, including dates and times please call 416-415-5000, ext. 2196 or visit georgebrown.ca/performingarts/danceauditions.
- A minimum of intermediate level training in Classical Ballet (5 –7 years); pointe work is required, as well as training in Jazz and/or Modern Dance.
** Mature student status (19 years of age or older and no ossd)
Please note that George Brown is committed to ensuring that applicants will succeed in their program of choice and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. Applicants may be required to have grades higher than the minimum requirements stated.
College or university credits may qualify you for course exemptions. Please visit georgebrown.ca/transferguide for more information.
International (visa) students
Visit the International Admissions page for more information.