Dr. Lisa Liang is the Company Physician for Ballet Jörgen. She is dually trained as a Sports Medicine Specialist and Family Physician. She also works as a Lecturer for the University of Toronto — teaching medical students, residents and fellows from U of T and McMaster. Her interest in performing arts medicine stems from her years of experience as a pianist and trumpet player in various ensembles, and as a casual tap and ballroom dancer. Beyond performing arts medicine, she has interests in sports nutrition, exercise as medicine and women’s health.
Her education/training includes:
– Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine, CASEM certification
– Fellowship in Sports and Exercise Medicine and Clinical Teaching Certificate, University of Toronto.
– Family Medicine Residency, McMaster University
– Doctor of Medicine (M.D). University of Toronto
– Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc) Honours, McMaster University
Her event coverage experience is diverse, as she has provided coverage to various local and national teams and events. Some examples of her recent coverage include:
- Various Performances by The National Ballet
- Around the Bay Road Race
- Boxing Ontario Bronze Gloves Tournament
- Team Physician, Burlington Herd, Intercounty Baseball League
- The Toronto Rock
- Various Varsity Blues events
Dr. Liang lives with her husband and two sons. In her spare time, she loves being active (playing squash, doing hot yoga, step aerobics and cycling), playing trumpet and piano, reading sci-fi novels, cooking and travelling.